Monday 19 August 2013

Theres a DIVA inside all of us

Hey guys - this post should have gone up yesterday but time just got away from me - but im pleased to have finished part 3 of my ME board... this one reflecting me only a tad, but really wanted to try some new styles so here i am!

My previous posts of my two boards can be found HERE (board one) and HERE (board two)

so without too much chatter, I present, board THREE:




Now, its a shame the pictures will not do justice to the bling, and shine, and sparkle in this pic at all - you almost need sunglasses to look at it!

The one thing i LOVE about this is that i managed to have a play with my meltpot for the first time! a few burns (because im just THAT accident prone) but nothing life-risking!
I took some really borning paper flowers and transformed them into a glittery hard shiny pretty embelishment

I used my melt pot with some clear UTEE and some gold UTEE and then out of the corner of my eye I saw a little bottle of glitter - well! itll either melt and look amazing or burn and blow up the house - so i took the risk and there it is!





And a close up of the results? Adding a little fake-crystal to bling my flowers out further and here they are - SO pretty!!






More details: I used some glittery gold ribbon and tied into a bow, along with a star pin to hold it together, also a little crystal swirl, all from The Ribbon Girl

the paper is also a great find, the gold is really shiny and very textured, the below PP is also full of glitter, I cut the word DIVA with my portrait and added a few tasteful stickles for detail... promarkers to colour my beautify Diva - TGF stamp Wednesday Premire... Distressed with my Tim Holtz ink and also, another detail the camera doesnt quite grab is a silver inked edge around the image....threw it all together and boom! a shiny mess of imagination!





As usual, challenges below - check my sidebar as this creation will also be entered into Dreamtime Designs DT call (click the badge in my sig or below link)

Challenge
+Dreamtime Designs - DT Call
+Addicted To Stamps And More - colour challenge
+The Greeting Farm - Anything goes!
+LaceySunshine - girls girls girls
+Challenges4everybody - Anything goes
+CreativeCorner - Anything goes



All three ME boards together:





Have a fab Monday!

-The-Butterfly.

8 comments:

  1. This is so fun! Love all of the glitter and bling!! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project. TFS all of the photos and the lovely detail of your project. Creative and inspiring. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M challenge.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet project!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LACY SUNSHINE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve you TGF card and wow those flowers look amazing!! Why don't you join Anyone for Anya, a day left with an easy peasy sketch,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flowers you did in the melting pot! I have a melting pot that probably has spider webs on it....not for long though. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!
    hugs--
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melt the spider webs melt the spider webs!! lol mine was the same - now I am in danger of throwing anything in there! lol :)

      Delete
  6. Omg gorgeous i love how well your 'me' board is coming together this is my favorite by far so far, I've been condidering a comeback so I thought I'd stop by here for some inspirstion and to show love! Keep up the great work, cant wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete